Megaacademy privacy policies
PLEASE READ THESE PRIVACY POLICIES CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE HANDLING OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Welcome to MEGAACADEMY a platform (hereinafter referred to as “MEGAACADEMY ”, “ COMPANY”, “ PLATFORM ” or “ SITE ”) owned by CCOINS LAB SAS Company domiciled in Colombia and identified with NIT 901.090.970 - 2.
MEGAACADEMY is committed to respecting and protecting Users' personal data, therefore, to guarantee adequate compliance with Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013 and the other provisions that regulate the matter.
You and all the people who use MEGAACADEMY , having registered or not, will be referred to in this document as USER (S) or OWNER. The User who uses and enjoys MEGAACADEMY must know and accept the following Privacy Policies (" Privacy Policies ").
To understand our data policy it is important that you keep in mind the following:
- HOLDER : Each of the natural persons with whom the personal data is related.
- USER : It is the person who makes use of the services of the PLATFORM .
- PERSONAL DATA : Set of information that can be related to one or more natural persons.
- SENSITIVE DATA : Sensitive data is understood to be those that affect the privacy of the Holder or whose improper use may generate discrimination, such as those that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political orientation, religious or philosophical convictions, union membership, social, human rights organizations or organizations that promote the interests of any political party or that guarantee the rights and guarantees of opposition political parties, as well as data related to health, sexual life, and biometric data.
- DATA PROCESSING (OR "TREATMENT") : Any operation or set of operations on personal data, such as the collection, storage, use, circulation or deletion.
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT: Natural or legal person, public or private, that by itself or in association with others, decides on the database and / or the Treatment of the data.
- MANAGER OF THE TREATMENT: Natural or legal person, public or private, that by itself or in association with others, carries out the Processing of personal data on behalf of the Responsible for the Treatment.
- DATABASE : Organized set of personal data that are subject to Treatment.
- SERVICES: MEGAACADEMY offers the services of educational courses in crypto assets and blockchain technology.
THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL USERS OF MEGAACADEMY AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL.
MEGAACADEMY , is committed to the implementation of mechanisms related to the personal information of third parties to guarantee, in a harmonious and comprehensive way, the following principles:
- PRINCIPLE OF LEGALITY IN THE MATTER OF DATA PROCESSING: Data Processing is a regulated activity that must be subject to the provisions of Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013 and the other provisions that develop the matter.
- PRINCIPLE OF PURPOSE: The Treatment must obey a defined, legitimate, explicit and informed purpose to the Holder, in accordance with the Constitution and the Law.
- PRINCIPLE OF FREEDOM: Treatment can only be exercised with the prior, express and informed consent of the Holder. Personal data may not be obtained or disclosed without prior authorization, or in the absence of a legal or judicial mandate that relieves consent;
- PRINCIPLE OF TRUTH OR QUALITY: The information subject to Treatment must be truthful, complete, exact, updated, verifiable and understandable.
- PRINCIPLE OF TRANSPARENCY: In the Treatment, the right of the Holder to obtain from the Treatment Manager or the Treatment Manager, at any time and without restrictions, information about the existence of data that concerns him or her must be guaranteed.
- PRINCIPLE OF ACCESS AND RESTRICTED CIRCULATION: Treatment can only be done by persons authorized by the Holder. Personal data, except public information, may not be available on the Internet or other means of dissemination or mass communication, unless access is technically controllable to provide restricted knowledge only to the Holders or authorized third parties.
- SECURITY PRINCIPLE: The information subject to Treatment by the Treatment Manager or Person in Charge of Treatment, must be handled with the technical, human and administrative measures that are necessary to provide security to the records avoiding their adulteration, loss, consultation, use or access unauthorized or fraudulent.
- PRINCIPLE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: All persons who intervene in the Processing of personal data that are not public are obliged to guarantee the reservation of the information, even after the end of their relationship with any of the tasks that the Treatment comprises.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF LIMITATION OF THE CONSERVATION PERIOD: Only adequate, pertinent and necessary data for a purpose can be processed, the conservation of these data must be limited in time to the achievement of the purposes that the treatment pursues. Once these purposes have been achieved, the data must be erased or, at least, devoid of any element that allows identifying the interested parties.
- DOES MEGAACADEMY REQUIRE MY AUTHORIZATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF MY DATA?
Yes, MEGAACADEMY requires the free, prior, express and informed consent of the HOLDER of the PERSONAL DATA for the treatment thereof, except in cases expressly authorized by law. In the registration process to our PLATFORM and to use our SERVICES, we will request authorization from the OWNER, who will be able to previously know this policy and freely accept the processing of their data.
To grant the authorization, the HOLDER must prove their identity sufficiently, according to the form indicated by the PLATFORM or the successors, guardians, representatives or proxies of the holder, must prove such quality.
MEGAACADEMY will obtain the authorization by email, the PLATFORM or in any other format that allows evidence that the Information Treatment Policy was disclosed and that the HOLDER authorizes the Processing of their personal data.
The authorization of the HOLDER will not be necessary in the following cases:
- Information required by a public or administrative entity in the exercise of its legal functions or by court order.
- Data of a public nature.
- Cases of medical or health emergency.
- Treatment of information authorized by law for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
- Treatment is necessary for reasons of public interest in the field of public health, such as protection against serious cross-border threats to health.
- Data related to the Civil Registry of Persons.
- TO WHICH PEOPLE MEGAACADEMY CAN DELIVER MY DATA?
MEGAACADEMY may deliver the information of the Data Holders to the following:
- To the Data Holders, their heirs or representatives at any time and through any means when so requested.
- To judicial or administrative entities in the exercise of functions that raise any requirement to the PLATFORM or to CCOINS LAB SAS for the information to be delivered.
- To third parties to whom the Data Owner expressly authorizes to deliver the information and whose authorization is delivered to MEGAACADEMY .
- CAN I REVOKE MY AUTHORIZATION AT ANY TIME?
The owners of the personal data can at any time revoke the authorization granted to the PLATFORM for the Treatment of their personal data or request the deletion of them, as long as a legal or contractual provision does not prevent it. The withdrawal of the authorization will not affect the legality of the treatment that was carried out with the consent prior to the request for withdrawal from the database.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES MEGAACADEMY COLLECT?
MEGAACADEMY collects the following PERSONAL DATA from the Holders .
- Full names and surnames.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Country of tax residence.
- WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES AND USES OF MY PERSONAL DATA?
The Treatment of the PERSONAL DATA of the HOLDER must obey a defined, legitimate, explicit and previously informed purpose to the HOLDER himself , in accordance with the Constitution and the Law.
The PERSONAL DATA of the HOLDER are collected by MEGAACADEMY for the following purposes.
- For the creation and verification of the PLATFORM account by the
- Communicate with the PLATFORM regarding the support of the account or any of the Services that the Holder uses.
- Compare information for statistical, precision and verification purposes.
- To send notification and messages via email or text messages.
- To provide a personalized experience and implement your preferences.
- To better understand users and how they use and interact with THE PLATFORM and its Services.
- To provide personalized Services, offers and promotions on the PLATFORM and on third-party websites.
- To comply with our policies and obligations, including, but not limited to, disclosures and responses to any request from law enforcement authorities or regulatory entities in accordance with any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or governmental order, regulatory authority of competent Jurisdiction, request discovery or similar legal process.
- For billing and accounting and tax issues.
- To collect fees for services rendered.
- To resolve technical problems reported or that arise in the
In relation to the above purposes, you can:
- Obtain, store, compile, exchange, update, collect, process, the data or partial or total information of the Holders of personal data.
- Transmit the data with the company in charge of verifying the identity of the HOLDER on the PLATFORM .
- Classify, order and segment the information provided by the Data Owner.
- Extend the information obtained, in the terms of the Law, to the companies with which it contracts the services of collection, storage, management and Treatment of its Databases, prior the due authorizations and legal requirements that are necessary in that sense.
- Transfer partial or total data or information to its subsidiaries, businesses, companies and / or affiliated entities.
- WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS THAT THE DATA HOLDERS HAVE OR CAN EXERCISE?
The HOLDER may request a copy from MEGAACADEMY of the personal data that the PLATFORM has available, together with the purpose for which they have been collected, the identity of the recipients of the data, the expected retention periods or the criteria used to determine it. , anytime.
Likewise, you will have the right to know, update, rectify and consult your Personal Data , at any time, regarding the data that you consider partial, inaccurate, incomplete, fractioned, those that lead to error or those whose Treatment is expressly prohibited or has not been authorized. For this, the Holder must indicate in the request what data it refers to and the correction to be made, providing, when necessary, supporting documentation of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the data being processed.
Any loss or damage caused to the Platform or to the person in charge of the Platform or to any third party due to a communication of erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information in the registration forms or in your account, will be the sole responsibility of the USER.
When the holders express their refusal to the treatment and there is no legal basis that prevents it, and that they are not necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, the data may be deleted.
The HOLDER may request at any time a proof of the authorization granted to MEGAACADEMY and present before the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce or the relevant data protection authority, the complaints that it considers to assert its right to Habeas Data.
- WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF MEGAACADEMY AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT?
MEGAACADEMY recognizes that Personal Data is the property of its Holders and that only they can decide on them.
MEGAACADEMY will apply appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure that the treatment is in accordance with the regulations or provisions on data protection.
In the event of substantial changes in the content of this Information Processing Policy which may affect the content of the authorization that the Holder has granted, MEGAACADEMY will promptly and efficiently communicate the changes before or at the latest at the time of implementation of the new policies.
In accordance with the foregoing, he assumes the following duties in his capacity as Data Controller:
- Have the channel in the application to obtain express authorization from the Owner to carry out any type of data processing.
- Request and keep, under the conditions provided in the Personal Data Protection Law, a copy of the respective authorization granted by the Holder.
- Clearly and expressly inform the Data Holders of the Treatment to which they will be subjected and the Purpose of said Treatment by virtue of the authorization granted.
- Guarantee the Owner of the information, at all times, the full and effective exercise of the right to habeas data.
- Provide the Treatment Manager, as the case may be, only data whose treatment is previously authorized in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Law.
- Inform the rights that all Holders have regarding their data.
- Maintain and ensure the security of the stored Personal Data records to prevent their deterioration, loss, alteration, unauthorized or fraudulent use
- Perform periodic and timely updating and rectification of the data, each time the Owners of the same report news or requests.
- Inform the identification, physical and / or electronic address and telephone number of the person or area that will be the Data Controller.
- WILL MEGAACADEMY SHARE THE DATA OF THE HOLDERS WITH THIRD PARTIES?
MEGAACADEMY may share with third parties the information provided by the Holder when registering on the PLATFORM and in order to verify their account.
For the external handling of data, that is, when personal data is transferred or transmitted to third parties, such as suppliers or affiliated companies, among others, we will ensure that they comply with the legislation on data protection, with the security measures and the same guarantees granted by us.
- IS MY DATA SECURE IN MEGAACADEMY ?
The information subject to Treatment must be handled with the technical, human and administrative measures that are necessary to provide security to the records. All persons who intervene in the Processing of personal data that are not public are obliged to guarantee the reservation of the information, even after the end of their relationship with any of the tasks that the Processing comprises.
MEGAACADEMY adopts the measures that are necessary to maintain the security of the information and tries to avoid its loss, adulteration, access or consultation of unauthorized third parties to the PLATFORM. However, MEGAACADEMY does not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
MEGAACADEMY has security protocols and access to information, storage and processing systems, including physical measures to control security risks. Access to the different databases is restricted even for employees and collaborators. However, it is also the responsibility of the user to have all the security controls on their computers or private networks for their navigation to our portals.
To avoid undue remote access to personal data, it will be ensured that an activated and correctly configured firewall exists on those computers and devices on which personal data is stored and / or processed. Periodically a backup copy will be made on a second medium other than the one used for daily work.
MEGAACADEMY has the duty to notify its USERS if there is a security breach in the information to Users within 72 hours of it.
Any Third Party Holder of Personal Data has the right to make requests directly to MEGAACADEMY to delete their personal information and revoke the authorization granted to the User who uses the Platform.
Finally, we care so that all the personnel of our company, in charge of the treatment and custody of the database, know the proper treatment of these resources as well as the obligations and rights that MEGAACADEMY and the HOLDERS have by law .
MEGAACADEMY may use technologies such as "cookies" (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on the computer or device that the USER uses ("Local Storage") and which allows the automatic activation of certain features and the best use of the service.
Cookies allow our PLATFORM to recognize, store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a USER or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the anonymous USER . Therefore, cookies are generally used to remember the options that the user has chosen (for example, remember the language they use) or to recognize users who frequent MEGAACADEMY.
MEGAACADEMY uses 3 types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: To show our PLATFORM and make it work properly. These technical cookies are necessary for MEGAACADEMY to function properly.
- Functional cookies: To remember the preferences of USERS and to help them use our PLATFORM efficiently and effectively, such as remembering the user's favorite currency and language.
- Analytical cookies: To understand how the USER uses our PLATFORM, detect what works and what does not, optimize and improve our communication portals and ensure that the USER continues to consider our services interesting and relevant. This information is anonymous and is only necessary for statistical purposes.
To delete or deactivate the Local Storage option "Cookies" THE USER, or third parties, must use the configuration option according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if THE USER or the third party blocks or deletes cookies, the experience with MEGAACADEMY may be limited.
- CAN I MAKE A REQUEST, COMPLAINT OR CLAIM ?.
Every owner, or successor, of Personal Data has the right free of charge to make inquiries and requests to know, update, rectify, delete information and revoke the authorization or to make requests, complaints and claims regarding the Treatment that MEGAACADEMY, gives to the information .
Holders can contact the Administrative area responsible for handling requests, complaints and claims via email: [email protected]
The query must be with the full name of the Holder, the description of the query, request, request, complaint or claim, the contact telephone number and the email.
The owner of the information must present and / or attach the following documents:
- If it is the Holder: Valid identity document.
- If it is the successor: Valid identity document, Civil Registry of Death of the Holder, Document that proves the quality in which he acts and the number of the Holder's identity document.
- If it is a legal representative and / or attorney-in-fact: Valid identity document, Document that proves the quality of legal representative and / or attorney-in-fact of the holder and the number of the holder's identity document.
In the event that the query is incomplete, MEGAACADEMY will request the interested party to correct the faults within five (5) days after receiving the claim. After two (2) months from the date of the request, without the applicant submitting the required information, it will be understood that the claim or petition has been withdrawn.
The consultation will be attended within a maximum term of ten (10) business days from the date of filing. When it is not possible to attend the query within said term, the reasons for the delay will be reported, and the date on which your query will be attended, which in no case may exceed five (5) business days following the expiration of the first term. .
- CAN I REQUEST THE REVOCATION OF THE AUTHORIZATION AND / OR DELETE OF THE DATA?
Any owner or successor of Personal Data has the right to request MEGAACADEMY, the total or partial elimination of their Personal Data. For this, the procedure established in the previous point of this document will be followed.
The deletion of Data will operate and will be final as long as the same: (a) are not being treated in accordance with the provisions of current legislation, or (b) are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected.
The request may be denied by MEGAACADEMY when:
- The Holder has a legal and / or contractual duty to remain in the database.
- The deletion of the data hinders judicial or administrative actions that are in progress.
These Information Treatment Policies come into force as of May 15, 2021 and the Databases that contain the information of the Holders will be valid for 10 years, extendable for equal periods.
In the event of any dispute between the User and MEGAACADEMY regarding the Privacy Policies, the parties undertake to resolve the differences through direct settlement or through an alternative dispute resolution mechanism. In such case, if the dispute is not resolved in this way, the parties may go to the ordinary jurisdiction.
MEGAACADEMY is located at the following address and the contact information is as follows, the above for the purpose of being notified of any judicial act or of any kind.
Address: Carrera 42 3 Sur 81 Torre 1 Piso 15 Edificio Milla de Oro, 050022, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia.
Legal notification email: [email protected]
Last Update: May 15, 2021.